Re: Limited connectivity for my Internet connection –Sleep mode.

I've been trying to figure up what's going wrong with my Internet connection and I ended up with the following:

My Internet connection works great if I'm on a fresh boot up or I click the repair option after waking up from the sleep mode (S3). Sometimes, mostly if I wake up the computer shortly after entering the sleep mode the Internet connection restablishes by itself.

After leaving the computer sleeping for like 30min I woke it up and, as expected, I had no Internet acess.

I clicked the diagnose and repair option where I got that the system "cannot connect with dns server".

Then, I opened a DOS window as an admin where I used the command: ipconfig /renew. That command reported and error: <<Cannot establish connection with the DHCP server. Time out.>>

I don't know if this has anything to do with the whole thing but under "Share and detect" I have Detect Networks deactivated.

I click "Customize" for this connection in Network Center where I have it set up as a "Public network" (as opposed to private network). Should I set this connection to Private without fearing an Internet intrusion of sorts?

"User22" <user22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:EAAE8DE4-C0CB-47C7-8615-662802D0BC7A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for writing back, Jack!

While I do not see an entry for waking the comuter up with any traffic on the device tab there's a setting called "boot ROM" on the BIOS. Is that what you are referring to?

Every time this happens I can see on the Windows Vista Home Basic System log:

--
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00248CD89F73. The following error occurred: The semaphore timeout period has expired.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Dhcp-Client
ID Event: 1003

.