Re: Limited connectivity for my Internet connection –Sleep mode.

I've been trying to figure up what's going wrong with my Internet connection and I ended up with the following:

My Internet connection works great if I'm on a fresh boot up or I click the repair option after waking up from the sleep mode (S3). Sometimes, mostly if I wake up the computer shortly after entering the sleep mode the Internet connection restablishes by itself.

After leaving the computer sleeping for like 30min I woke it up and, as expected, I had no Internet acess.

I clicked the diagnose and repair option where I got that the system "cannot connect with dns server".

Then, I opened a DOS window as an admin where I used the command: ipconfig /renew. That command reported and error: <<Cannot establish connection with the DHCP server. Time out.>>

I don't know if this has anything to do with the whole thing but under "Share and detect" I have Detect Networks deactivated.

I click "Customize" for this connection in Network Center where I have it set up as a "Public network" (as opposed to private network). Should I set this connection to Private without fearing an Internet intrusion of sorts?

"User22" <user22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha escrit al missatge:EAAE8DE4-C0CB-47C7-8615-662802D0BC7A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for writing back, Jack!

While I do not see an entry for waking the comuter up with any traffic on the device tab there's a setting called "boot ROM" on the BIOS. Is that what you are referring to?

Every time this happens I can see on the Windows Vista Home Basic System log:

--
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00248CD89F73. The following error occurred: The semaphore timeout period has expired.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Dhcp-Client
ID Event: 1003

  • Re: Revisted Eth1 problem
    ... using this Linux box to share an Internet connection with the local ... are you running a DHCP server for the local network ... It sounds like you may need to reconfigure eth1 ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: installing Virtual PC eliminates internet connection
    ... all have Internet & the 2008 Server is running as a DHCP Server with DNS configured & all ... different IP range to my home network & work networks. ... If I install either Virtual PC 2004 or 2007 here on my XP SP2 laptop, ... internet connection simply goes away. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Whats the benefit of using superscopes?
    ... A superscope is a collection of individual scopes that can be ... A superscope is actually a collection of individual scopes. ... Place DHCP clients from multiple network IDs on the same ... The superscope will allow the DHCP Server to answer requests from ...