Cannot share xp files or printer on vista laptop

OK here goes, sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't seem to be
able to successfully add my daughter's new dell latitude notebook running
vista enterprise service pack 1 to our existing wireless home network which
consists of 2 dells running xp home and 1 dell running xp media center. I am
using a linksys router with the media center computer, and all 4 computers
can connect to the internet. The xp machines have been sharing files and
printers and still can. I would like to share files and printers on the xp
machines with the vista laptop. I have read the information from microsoft
at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx#EEAA and have my
network set to private on the vista computer as well as turning on network
discovery, file sharing, public folder sharing, and printer sharing. I
changed the vista workgroup to mshome to correspond with the existing xp
network. Two of the xp computers are using norton security center and I have
added the ip addresses of all 4 computers to the trusted network list. The
xp media center computer has McAfee Security Center and I have allowed the ip
addresses there as well. I can see all computers including the vista laptop
on the network from the xp machines and can still share files among the xp
computer, but cannot access the vista (I really don't even need to). When I
try to view computers and devices on the vista, I only see an icon for the
router, and the vista itself. When I select view full map, I can also see
one of the xps (one of the two using norton). All four computers can ping
each other. Any ideas about what I'm missing?

  • Re: For VISTA fans everywhere
    ... we have 7 computers on a peer to peer network... ... That vista computer is CONSTANTLY having problems ... If you have to advise someone to call the "Geek Squad" to fix a computer ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Home Network with Vista & XP
    ... The 3 computers are: 1 laptop running XP Pro, 1 laptop running Vista Home Premium, and 1 desktop running XP Home. ... the vista laptop can see all terminals on the work group but the xp terminals cannot see the vista terminal in the network. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
  • Re: Seeing Vista share from XP
    ... will it still be able to view the shares of Vista with Password ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ... ON (So it can see the other computers) ...
  • Re: Networking 2 computers
    ... XP, the notebook on Vista. ... I have given the same name to both network names and HOME as the ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Problem w/ Networking