Log-on time

I have 3 computers on a network (2xVista,1xXP) with a large number of shared
folders and subfolders. I noticed when I boot (especially) the XP PC while
the two other PC's are off, that the time it takes to finally getting logged
on (icon in notification area) is significantly shorter than when the
Vista's are operating. Is this normal?..Something wrong with the XP network
driver? Thanks for any advise.

  • Deleting User Account and Remnants
    ... Now the computer is part of a network so it was necessary to have a password. ... In Windows Explorer, immediately under Desktop, the old user name does appear and the subfolders under that user name cannot be accessed. ... I am also worried about deleting other folders under the incorrect user name for fear that the computer may need these even though we did not create them. ...
  • AD Secure folder but not files
    ... I have a AD network share where in there are several folders containing ... the subfolders and files, I'd like to secure the parent folders from being ...
  • How to remove My Network Places?
    ... somehow I got the whole bunch of folders and subfolders in My ... Entire Network (subfols MS Terminal Services, MS Windows Network, Web Client ...
  • Re: New UserIDs created by MS .NET FRamework.
    ... Before installing this software I had the usual set of 'user folders' defined in my Win XP system, ... Network Service.NT AUTHORITY ... If you aren't using this OEM user account, you can delete it from the User Accounts applet in Control Panel. ... My Network Places - This is a graphical representation of other computers on the network and any shared network resources. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unable to add additional shared folders
    ... Each computer can access two folders ... look for relevant messages in Event Viewer: ... see Help and Support Center at ... >DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address (I REMOVED THIS ...