Printer Sharing Vista

Hi All
Been tearing my hair out trying to get my HP Wireless Printer Upgrade
Kit to work across my network. The printer concerned in an HP LaserJet
1010. It connects to my PC easily both through USB, and through the
wireless upgrade kit when using it as a stand alone wireless adapter.
When trying to connect it to the router, (Netgear DG834PN), it fails
when applying the network settings, saying either the SSID is
incorrect (it def isn't) or the AP is not there.

Therefore I cannot connect my laptop to the printer. Both PC and
laptop work on the router wirelessly, with no issues, along with a PS3
(via homeplugs) and a Wii (wirelessly). I also have an HP Photosmart
C450 Printer connected wirelessly and working from both PC and laptop
with no issues.

So I decided to bin the wireless upgrade kit, as the PC is on nearly
all the time. So i thought I would attach it via USB, then share it to
the laptop!

Now how the devil do I do this. I have clicked all the share buttons
for the printer on the PC where the printer is attached, but it will
not be found (either PC or printer) when searching from the laptop.

Please help. Please please please!! Many thanks in advance

Matt

  • [NMRC Advisory] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
    ... Application: Wireless Network Connection ... This advisory documents an anomaly involving Microsoft's Wireless Network ... If a laptop connects to an ad-hoc network it can later start ... This is known as a Link-Local address, and by default Link-Local is turned on on all Windows platforms on all interfaces, including wireless interfaces. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Linksys WRT54G acts like a dumb hub, no DHCP or wireless capabilities
    ... laptop and the PC would lose connection with the router. ... Well, the results are the same: I can connect to the wireless network, ... but after about 10 minutes I will lose connection with the router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Sharing access denied -Too confused or stupid to figure out sh
    ... I could run it from laptop through network. ... USB for wireless broadband is attached to PC1 ... It is Not clear to ne your current Network topology and how the local ...
  • [NT] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
    ... Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops ... If a Windows based laptop connects to an ad-hoc network it can later start ... * Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Gold Wireless Network Connection ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: One Users My Documents no longer redirected.
    ... even connect to the network at all because it's a PITA. ... So I would think that a wireless 54 mbps connection would be ... one laptop, and try it for a day or two to see what happens. ... active directory OU as the other users whose redirection works? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)