Re: User Levels and Software Updates

Tom Lake wrote:

When I only had a few people on the network, going around to
the different machines to do administrative functions such as installing
updates was no problem. Now our network is growing rapidly and
I spend most of my time updating users' computers. For obvious
reasons I don't want to give them administrative privileges but I can't
be running around to their desks every time software such as
Norman Anti-Virus needs an update (which is almost every day)
How can I solve this dilemma?

Aren't you running a server with Active Directory? Using domain tools (WSUS,
etc.) and a client-server antivirus takes care of all that.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!