Re: User Levels and Software Updates

Tom Lake wrote:

When I only had a few people on the network, going around to
the different machines to do administrative functions such as installing
updates was no problem. Now our network is growing rapidly and
I spend most of my time updating users' computers. For obvious
reasons I don't want to give them administrative privileges but I can't
be running around to their desks every time software such as
Norman Anti-Virus needs an update (which is almost every day)
How can I solve this dilemma?

Aren't you running a server with Active Directory? Using domain tools (WSUS,
etc.) and a client-server antivirus takes care of all that.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • User Levels and Software Updates
    ... When I only had a few people on the network, ... the different machines to do administrative functions such as installing ... updates was no problem. ... I spend most of my time updating users' computers. ...
  • RE: New Update for #70-299
    ... > Segment A contains a single server named TestKing1. ... > Segment B contains all other computers, ... > TestKing?s written security policy states that Segment B ... > Updates on all computers in Segment B to use ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: best antivirus solution for a Mac.
    ... updates for Panther in the last year too. ... packs and several security updates. ... Both of my computers, as well as the computers in ... I think that it is great that you are productive on a Mac. ...
    (microsoft.public.macintosh.general)
  • Re: SVChost.exe 99% CPU Usage with SP3 installed
    ... I've installed Windows XP SP3 on many computers to date (I am in an IT ... SP3 has installed on all of them through automatic updates ... I've spent many mornings in crisis mode because a Microsoft ... If the OP had had a quick scout in the "real world" before installing SP3, ...
  • computers disappear from wsus
    ... I ahve about 20 computers ... new PID is available ... Targeting Cookie: 0x8024402c ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)