Re: Write permission for just 1 computer in LAN

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:09:41 +0200, "grendi"
<ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
I have a small network at home with 4 computers.
My main computer is "Bob". Another computer on which I work is "Paul".
I want "Paul" to be able to write, delete and modify files on "Bob". But I
don't want the 2 other computers to have this permission. How can I set this
up?
Thanks in advance,
Gz

I don't think that's possible. Permission to access shared resources
on a LAN is determined by user accounts, not by computer names.

Turn on password-protected sharing on "Bob". Log onto "Bob" and
"Paul" with the same user account (matching user name and password).
Log onto the other computers with a different user account.

Thanks a lot for this information,
Gz

You're welcome!
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
.