Re: Write permission for just 1 computer in LAN

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:09:41 +0200, "grendi"
<ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
I have a small network at home with 4 computers.
My main computer is "Bob". Another computer on which I work is "Paul".
I want "Paul" to be able to write, delete and modify files on "Bob". But I
don't want the 2 other computers to have this permission. How can I set this
up?
Thanks in advance,
Gz

I don't think that's possible. Permission to access shared resources
on a LAN is determined by user accounts, not by computer names.

Turn on password-protected sharing on "Bob". Log onto "Bob" and
"Paul" with the same user account (matching user name and password).
Log onto the other computers with a different user account.

Thanks a lot for this information,
Gz

You're welcome!
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: New computer with Vista trying to network with 5 other computers w
    ... one of those computers, so we can both work on the same file. ... Here are general network troubleshooting steps. ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the ...
  • Re: Networking XP to Vista
    ... I have two desktops computers, one is XP and the second is Vista. ... Here are general network troubleshooting steps. ... a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the ...
  • Re: Network between XP & Vista
    ... I am using Vista and i am not able to see my network computers running on ... I ran a hotfix on XP and i could locate Vista based computers on XP.. ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the ...
  • Re: Accessing Computer on Network: Access is Denied
    ... You might not have permission to use this ... network resource. ... I have three computers on the network. ... laptop running 98 SE, and a laptop running XP media center edition version ...
  • XP File sharing gremlins
    ... permission to use this network resource. ... All computers have different names, ... All TCP/IP connections also use NetBios. ...