Re: Loss of network after sleep mode.

Please check updates for your wireless driver it may help.But When power
save mode is enabled for an 802.11 wireless network adapter,The access
point receiving frames with the power save option set determines that
the client adapter wishes to enter power save mode, and begins buffering
packets for the client adapter while it is asleep. The client adapter?s
radio periodically wakes up and communicates with the access point to
retrieve the buffered packets.However, this power savings scheme for
802.11 wireless adapters depends on cooperation of the access
point.Issue is that many access points do not implement or support the
power save feature correctly. Some broken access points keep sending
the packets to the client?even when the client adapter?s radio is
asleep. The packets sent to the client radio while it is asleep are
lost, which leads to the connectivity, performance and throughput issues
that some Windows Vista beta users were encountering.

--
Snake08
Snake08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/47091.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Is Dimension 4550 ok for wireless DSL?
    ... install a bridge between the panels in order for the signal to ... And BPL (broadband over power lines) is awful! ... all radio frequencies up to 80MHZ will be blocked by BPL. ... blurb on their web site suggesting that they are more secure than wireless ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Homeade c64 BBS - Ready 4 calls.
    ... Use Hyperterminal (Windows XP) or if your running Windows VISTA ... Windows Telnet client seems to make tcpser double ... :(seems i finally get some calls, and the stinking power goes out. ... in one of those UPS systems... ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: setting up a free hotspot
    ... The wifi is to attract users to the ... Lay off the high transmit power. ... Are you supplying the card? ... The WRT54G and many access points have a "client protection" ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Ext4 and the "30 second window of death"
    ... client that adapts appropriately or choose a client that behaves ... in the other cases that's something the user should take up with the administrator, because the administrator can do a lot of things to the system that will affect the safety of their data ... (typically well under a watt of power consumption on modern systems) ... client that you lose an hour of battery life, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Im in over my head, would someone kinly throw me a life ring?
    ... Is it possible to tap a lower DC voltage and use an off the shelf 12vdc ... The source of the DC power is ... 6-12v batteries so the voltage could be anywhere from 72vDC ... Some times a client will ask me for a mouse, so I find him a mouse, ship ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)