Re: Port Forwarding

Brianhogs wrote:

Hello

How do I forward all UDP traffic onto a port? I having trouble running
Xfire with Windows Vista.

Port forwarding is done on a router. Set the computer's IP address to static
and then go into your router's configuration utility and forward desired
ports to the target computer's IP address.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Cant get port forwarding to work (LinkSys)
    ... I use a similar LinkSys Router and I was able to get port forwarding working ... the menu you get when you first enter the router config - the Advanced / ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Web Connection problem
    ... This is a brand-new installation of Windows Vista Business and so when I went ... My router is a brand-new NetGear WNR834B. ... blocking ports 80, 3389, or my personal port according to the web test sites. ... Under Windows Features, IIS, I have everything checked under World Wide Web ...
  • Re: Remote Assistance not working
    ... Using Remote Assistance to Get Help When You Need It ... Should I disable the NAT on the modem/router to allow the wireless router to ... using port forwarding makes it work that's one of those times. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Assistance not working
    ... Should I disable the NAT on the modem/router to allow the wireless router to ... using port forwarding makes it work that's one of those times. ... internet with a cable modem and DSL modem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)