Vista needs user/pawd for WEP?

If I set up my wireless router with no security, Vista connects OK. If I set
it up for 64-bit WEP it asks for Username, password and login domain, not a
WEP key. The XP notebook just asks for WEP key. Why?
--
Doug

  • Re: Wireless Networks Encryption
    ... My understanding of this is that the WEP key's length ... base install the NIC just connects to the first wireless network it sees. ... It's during this initial connection phase that some security ... they all have the same WEP key configured. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Wireless Pent-Test
    ... Look the same that Airsnort. ... >>wireless NICs in their laptops for awhile now. ... >>realize that WEP does not provide for stringent security, ... >>by forcing users to change their WEP key regularly we can meet our ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • >>>> CRACK WEP <<<<
    ... Wep Crack Windows Xp Download ... Wep Key Crack ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Wireless Scanning
    ... Aircrack is most advanced tool at the moment for wep key breaking. ... the upcoming auditor security collection will contain ... hotspotter is allways an option and wep dictionary attack is also possible. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: WPA vs WEP?
    ... Yes, in a lab or class, it's possible to crack a WEP key if it's short ... deter those who are next door and have nothing better to ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)