Re: Vista cannot copy file from computer on intranet

"Steve Winograd [MS-MVP]" <bc070521m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Please give us more information to understand the problem:

1. How are you trying to copy files from Windows 2000 to Vista -- drag
and drop, copy and paste, xcopy, something else?

I've tried both "copy and paste", and "drag and drop".

2. What exactly happens when you do it? If there's an error message,
what does it say?

There is no error message.

  • Re: Can I use xcopy?
    ... Make it easy on yourself and use Windows 'drag and drop' to transfer from one window to another.. ... Using Windows Exploder takes days while XCOPY will do the same thing from a batch file in less than an hour. ... Plus with XCOPY and a batch file I can back up multiple directories and machines without having to baby sit the process or wait. ...
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... You can also install it in a classic way in 2K (and XP, and 2003 and Vista) by ... That may be a good basis of comparison for you, but to someone who is already displeased with the previous standard of operation of Windows, what should that mean? ... It can be done on XP or OS/2, ... Consider: full-screen apps. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)