Re: Shared Files on Vista/XP network

"dick" <rwripper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OofVoWB9JHA.200@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm still muddled. Where do I find the old printer name? Is the desktop pc turned "on" to the Internet? I kind of thought that the temporary network (since computers within 30') somehow just functioned within the wireless gizmo..Sorry but guess I need more basic steps. I'd be happy to do some research but don't know how to go any further than I have so far.
hanks, Dick

See Malke's post. That should get you going.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

  • Re: Please help with browser/computer compatibility
    ... Dick ... FrontPage] ... >|>Upon publishing my website It looked perfectly fine on ... When I looked at it from the other computers ...
  • Re: Off topic help
    ... resources on it from other computers via "remote desktop". ... I've got them set so that they can be woken up by networked computers. ... "Dick" wrote in message ... > Is there a way to share applications on a home network? ...
  • Re: Linux, The Great Time Waster!!
    ... Saint Vincent did eloquently scribble: ... > computers in general. ... Does the name Dick Trouser have anything in common ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)