Wireless Connection just stopped working

Ok, my wireless connection isn't working.

Yesterday my internet connection was working, but now it's not. I
switched usb wireless yesterday, and it worked for the day until last
night.
Now I only get the connection to the router and it says "unidentified
network".
when I type ipconfig in the console it says my ip is 169.XXX.XXX.XXX
when it's usually 192.168.1.XXX and my subnet mask is 255.255.0.0 when
it should be 255.255.255.0

When i enter my ip settings in manually i can only access my router and
nothing on the internet even though it says the connection is working in
the network sharing center

I checked online for possible solutions, I tried using a restore point
and that didn't work. I checked my DHCP client and its already on. I
tried disabling ipv6 and that didn't work.

Also, I usually turn autoconfic off, because it gives me ping spikes
when gaming.

This is only on my computer, my Mum's and sister's connections work
fine.

What can I do?

--
Wineblood

  • RE: ICS between desktop and laptop
    ... Hey nass, ... You need to disable the wireless in the running services, ... I know I have to establish a new connection and name it. ... Here are some steps to perform and hopefully you will get Internet Connection ...
  • RE: ICS between desktop and laptop
    ... Does the Host has two Cards, one of them wireless and enabled in the device ... I know I have to establish a new connection and name it. ... Host Machine one will be wired to your ISP Internet ... Here are some steps to perform and hopefully you will get Internet Connection ...
  • RE: ICS between desktop and laptop
    ... Does the Host has two Cards, one of them wireless and enabled in the device ... I know I have to establish a new connection and name it. ... Here are some steps to perform and hopefully you will get Internet Connection ...
  • Re: Setting up home wi-fi network that includes my PocketPC.
    ... and other problems with maintaining a connection to the network, ... the signal is) getting a network extender / access point is always an option ... internet connection and it ... not the way I had the cables on the router), but windows did it, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Do I need these services listening?
    ... > receives its internet connection via the first computer. ... wrote both computers are connected to the router and the router is ... The router does provide the internet connection. ... all the ports are supposed to be closed ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)