Wireless Connection just stopped working
- From: Wineblood <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 06:38:32 -0500
Ok, my wireless connection isn't working.
Yesterday my internet connection was working, but now it's not. I
switched usb wireless yesterday, and it worked for the day until last
Now I only get the connection to the router and it says "unidentified
when I type ipconfig in the console it says my ip is 169.XXX.XXX.XXX
when it's usually 192.168.1.XXX and my subnet mask is 255.255.0.0 when
it should be 255.255.255.0
When i enter my ip settings in manually i can only access my router and
nothing on the internet even though it says the connection is working in
the network sharing center
I checked online for possible solutions, I tried using a restore point
and that didn't work. I checked my DHCP client and its already on. I
tried disabling ipv6 and that didn't work.
Also, I usually turn autoconfic off, because it gives me ping spikes
This is only on my computer, my Mum's and sister's connections work
What can I do?
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista SP2 breaks local share access from XP computer
- Next by Date: Shared Files on Vista/XP network
- Previous by thread: Vista Client won't get IPv6 address via DHCP
- Next by thread: Shared Files on Vista/XP network