Re: Windows Vista Business: Internet Connection Promblems

"bwe654" <bwe654.3u4znb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bwe654.3u4znb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recently upgraded my Operating System from the preloaded Vista to
Vista Business. It did not give me the option to upgrade so I just
reinstalled since it was a new computer anyway. Now I can not connect
to the internet. I click "Diagnose Connection Problems" and then get a
message that reads "This computer does not have a network adapter
installed and configured"

I went to the Computer Management/Device Manager and under Other
devices I see a yellow ! next to a number of options.

1. !Base System Device
2. !Base System Device
3. !Base System Device
4. !Coprocessor
5. !Ethernet Controller
6. !Network Controller
7. !SM Bus Controller
8. !Unknown Device
9. !Unknown Device

I right click Network Controller and then click "Properties". It
reades "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

So I click Reinstall Driver...
I click Search Automatically and it reads "Windows was unable to
install your Network Controller.

Please Advise. Thanks for your help as I am new to this forum.

BWE

--
bwe654
bwe654's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107622.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

You'll need to go to the manufactures website (of your computer or motherboard) and download and install all the drivers applicable to your model.

You'll need to do this for the Network card drivers first from a working machine. Put them on a CD and/or removable media and install them on the target machine. After that you can use this machine to download and install the rest.

-Frank

  • Re: Windows Vista Business: Internet Connection Promblems
    ... 1.!Base System Device ... I right click Network Controller and then click "Properties". ... You need to install drivers for your motherboard, ...
  • Windows Vista Business: Internet Connection Promblems
    ... I recently upgraded my Operating System from the preloaded Vista to ... 1.!Base System Device ... I right click Network Controller and then click "Properties". ... So I click Reinstall Driver... ...
  • Re: IBM X206 with SBS2003
    ... It was the auto server restart from IBM. ... > following devices will go away if you install "Intel Chipset Installation ... >> Base System Device ... >> System Interrupt Controller ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [SLE] ndiswrapper +Suse 10.1 (SOLVED)
    ... 02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g ... wireless LAN controller ... I installed the rpm with rpm -ivh and ran SuSEconfig as it ... would not install with yast, so, where does suse but the .ko file? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: IBM X206 with SBS2003
    ... following devices will go away if you install "Intel Chipset Installation ... The unknow device will either be ASF or ASR ... > Base System Device ... > System Interrupt Controller ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)