Re: Printer sharing between xp sp2 and vista home prem.

ok idont konw what das it mean
"fts" <fts.3u5u7d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:fts.3u5u7d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THANK YOU, Hikari07. I had spent hours trying to figure out why the
drivers didn't install on Vista for my network printers. I have a Xerox
XD100 laser and a HP Photosmart 7350 installed on an XP2 PC. Someone
gave my wife a Vista laptop (yuk, I'd never have chosen Vista myself).
So I needed to install the printers as network printers under Vista.
After clicking to install a new network printer, when I clicked to
accept to install the driver, the whole screen simply dimmed, waited 1-2
minutes and then returned to the printer config without a message; no
printer installed. I was tearing my hair out in desperation. I did as
you said: Went to config - Network and File Sharing Center. Enabled
password protection. Installed the printers without a hint. Test printed
ok. Re-disabled password protection. Re-test-printed ok. Of course,
Microbrain's documentation was as useless as nearly always. Why such a
brain damaged design in Vista? The Mac commercials are 100% right.

--
fts
fts's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107749.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: SBS2008 GPO Deployed Printers SLOW on Vista
    ... Try adding the HP UPD 4.5 or later (the only ones officially supported on Vista) directly and you'll see the same thing. ... Update the group policy before you go home, schedule a group policy update late at night, and the printers install while nobody is in the office so the ten minute lag is unnoticed. ... Can I do anything to the Vista machines to speed this up? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2008 GPO Deployed Printers SLOW on Vista
    ... HP for instance doesn't have XP drivers for many of their new machines. ... So much of Vista is nice, but certain things seem like a giant step backwards. ... printers install while nobody is in the office so the ten minute lag is ... I have about 15 printers deployed via gpo extensions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Can find Vista box, cant share folders or printers.
    ... When I try install or connect to them, however, the response is ... As for the slow network printing, ... Did you install the correct drivers for the printers on your Vista ...
  • Re: Printer sharing between xp sp2 and vista home prem.
    ... gave my wife a Vista laptop. ... So I needed to install the printers as network printers under Vista. ...
  • Re: Some printer properties grayed out
    ... I have two network printers that I am having an issue with ... When I try to install this networked printer on Vista Enterprise 64 Bit ... problem persists. ...