Re: VPN from home router?

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uTT$6nK8JHA.1740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Victek wrote:

.
I'm not needing to connect to my home PC. When I use my laptop to
connect to the Internet at an Open Wi-Fi hotspot I'd like to be
able to use a VPN. If I can connect securely to my router/LAN then
I would have access to the NET via my home ISP. I guess the router
would be acting as a server. Do they make such a thing?

Eh?
If you are ALREADY connected to the internet why on EARTH would you
then want to VPN to your Router to err connect to the Internet?
If it's because you can't send emails from outside your ISP just
change the smtp server settings....

Seems like the OP doesn't trust the security of the hotspot connection
and wants to be able to keep others from being able to listen in on
his internet traffic. Can't say I blame him.

--
Zaphod

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's
something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the
universe gets that.

.