Re: VPN from home router?

"Victek" <victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CC470375-B0EB-4D4B-B004-3312196DDB18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there routers that make it possible to connect from a remote location (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) via VPN without my home PC being ON? TIA

Now why would you want to connect just to the router in your home from a remote location WITHOUT your home PC being on? Surely the whole point is to connect to and work on your home PC....
..
I'm not needing to connect to my home PC. When I use my laptop to connect to the Internet at an Open Wi-Fi hotspot I'd like to be able to use a VPN. If I can connect securely to my router/LAN then I would have access to the NET via my home ISP. I guess the router would be acting as a server. Do they make such a thing?

  • Re: VPN from home router?
    ... be able to use a VPN. ... router would be acting as a server. ... If you are ALREADY connected to the internet why on EARTH would ... Because connecting via Open Wi-Fi is insecure. ...
  • Re: HIPAA and firewalls
    ... >compliant manner using VPN. ... this is a bad and expensive method of purchasing a router. ... the VPN is setup in 5 steps. ... network IP block to both sides of the VPN tunnel. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: WRT54GL with DD-WRT VPN firmware - wheres the beef?
    ... the easiest way to deal with a VPN is to *FIRST* understand how ... as the NAT LAN connected to the terminating VPN server, to the client. ... Destination router: ... Gateway IP = 192.168.3.1 ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WRT54GL with DD-WRT VPN firmware - wheres the beef?
    ... after the connection is established. ... the easiest way to deal with a VPN is to *FIRST* understand how ... as the NAT LAN connected to the terminating VPN server, to the client. ... Destination router: ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Windows XP Networking Question (with Linksys Home VPN Router)
    ... You bought one router. ... to share this router in a wireless network? ... you don't need to be thinking of VPN - you can be all on the same ... and the other's set up 'outgoing connections' to connect to it. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)