Re: VPN from home router?

"Victek" <victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CC470375-B0EB-4D4B-B004-3312196DDB18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there routers that make it possible to connect from a remote location (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) via VPN without my home PC being ON? TIA

Now why would you want to connect just to the router in your home from a remote location WITHOUT your home PC being on? Surely the whole point is to connect to and work on your home PC....
..
I'm not needing to connect to my home PC. When I use my laptop to connect to the Internet at an Open Wi-Fi hotspot I'd like to be able to use a VPN. If I can connect securely to my router/LAN then I would have access to the NET via my home ISP. I guess the router would be acting as a server. Do they make such a thing?

.