Re: VPN from home router?

"Victek" <victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:CC470375-B0EB-4D4B-B004-3312196DDB18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there routers that make it possible to connect from a remote
location (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) via VPN without my home PC
being ON? TIA

Yes there are. I have used Cyberguard (formerly Snapgear) routers
that have this ability, I'm sure there are others. I know that 3rd
party firmware is available for some Linksys routers that gives them
this ability.

--
Zaphod

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's
something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the
universe gets that.