Re: VPN from home router?

"Victek" <victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CC470375-B0EB-4D4B-B004-3312196DDB18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there routers that make it possible to connect from a remote location (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) via VPN without my home PC being ON? TIA

Now why would you want to connect just to the router in your home from a remote location WITHOUT your home PC being on? Surely the whole point is to connect to and work on your home PC....

  • Re: VPN from home router?
    ... be able to use a VPN. ... router would be acting as a server. ... If you are ALREADY connected to the internet why on EARTH would ... Because connecting via Open Wi-Fi is insecure. ...
  • Re: VPN from home router?
    ... If you are ALREADY connected to the internet why on EARTH would you then want to VPN to your Router to err connect to the Internet? ... Because connecting via Open Wi-Fi is insecure. ...
  • Re: VPN from home router?
    ... connect to the Internet at an Open Wi-Fi hotspot I'd like to be able to use a VPN. ... If you are ALREADY connected to the internet why on EARTH would you then want to VPN to your Router to err connect to the Internet? ...
  • VPN from home router?
    ... Are there routers that make it possible to connect from a remote location (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) via VPN without my home PC being ON? ... TIA ...
  • Re: VPN from home router?
    ... (e.g. open Wi-Fi somewhere) ... via VPN without my home PC being ON? ... TIA ... connection directly to the router. ...