Re: Application Data Folder Network Redirection Problems

I know that MS doesnt support the use of Outlook pst's over a Lan/Network,
but not sure about other Outlook settings files

"MichaelFaulkner" <MichaelFaulkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:BFCB30B7-948A-4A6F-B105-193ECF28A429@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office 2007 application data folders (including templates, Outlook
signatures, etc.), are redirected to the user's network share by GPO
settings. This is *not* using Folder Redirection, but by setting User
Shell
Folders registry keys. Same as our previous XP. Looks like I could of
used
the Folder Redirection GPO options for better control. But can't look
back
now!

"Randomly", users will get an an error with an office app that will not
load. They wil have to logout/login to use the app. Event logs show an
error 1000 under ntdll.dll.

One user also showed a problem accessing a known file on the group network
share, so I thought about connectivity. By putting a host file on the
client, I have reduced the number of the 1000 errors considerably, but
still
an issue. I'm assuming there are occasional problems connecting to the
server where Word, Outlook try to load their normal.dat and other files
that
the host file helped with resolving.

Any suggestions besides 'starting over' and not redirecting to network
would
be appreciated.

  • Re: Joining a Domain
    ... FAST worked really well except for his Outlook file. ... you'd want to have used the "Save My Settings" ... No - that's just setting the home directory. ... I like to use folder redirection for that, ...
  • Re: Folder redirection and roaming Outlook
    ... I have recently implemented folder redirection for the My Documents, ... Is there a solution to make outlook work from one ... all of our users use outlook 2007 or 2003 with exchange. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Folder redirection and grant user exclusive rights
    ... Hello, There can be several Access Denied Messages, Please post the event ... > settings folder. ... > Rights box on the settings tab of foleder redirection. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: profile folders REMAIN redirected
    ... In the properties of the folder redirection policies, on the 'settings' tab, ...
  • Re: Creating a custom Start Menu on Win2003 TS
    ... I'm a bit unclear on which Folder Redirection / Start Menu ... settings would be proper in my case. ...