Re: Microsoft ISATAP adapter

GunnerAsh wrote:

Hey everyone. This is my first post, as i have had to join the forum to
get desperate help for this very annoying problem.

I can no longer connect to my Internet browser or my wireless hub
through my Sony Vaio's WiFi. I had a yellow exclamation mark appear over
my internet icon in the bottom right of my screen a couple days ago and
have since not been able to get online wirelessly. It says i have
"Limited Connectivity" yet i have full signal.

I have a strong hunch that since my computer installed a mandatory
Windows Update, the next time i came on my computer after this update,
this problem occured. I have looked in my devices and everything says
its got the most up to date driver Windows can find, but i still have
this problem, and the yellow exclamation mark and no wireless access
remains.

It sounds like you installed a driver for your wireless network adapter from
Windows Update (always a bad idea). Try rolling it back to drivers that
work or, if that doesn't solve the issue, uninstall/reinstall the wireless
adapter drivers. Get them from Sony's tech support website for your
specific model laptop.

Roll Back Troublesome Device Drivers in Windows Vista from the How-To Geek -
http://tinyurl.com/346lox

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Wireless Network Adapters for Red Hat 9
    ... > wireless network adapter to connect to my internet connection. ... My Linksys WCP11 was detected and is supported. ... drivers on NetGear site a few months ago. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Anyone got 802.1x working on a wireless network?
    ... including that I had to get "generic" drivers from Intel for one ... getting 802.1x authentication working for my wireless. ... GPOs configured as per MS technet article for WPA, TKIP, etc. ... The next piece of frustration is with wireless NICs from other ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CPU usage
    ... I ended up removing the wireless card and the problem ... high CPU usage situations when interracting with certain antivirus software. ... drivers and uninstall a game I had on the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Hackers Expose Critical Wi-Fi Driver Flaw
    ... an Apple MacBook laptop fitted with a wireless card that was broadcasting ... drivers present an easy-to-exploit target. ... discuss design flaws in the 802.11 link-layer wireless protocol. ... driver line can be exploited to launch remote code execution attacks. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: 802.11n
    ... the only third-party wifi expansions for the Mac are wireless bridges and USB dongles. ... This is even worse than unsupported wireless on Linux--at least Linux has ndiswrapper as a fallback. ... so all you did was plug in a card, ... I've shown examples of third party drivers getting hosed by Apple's updates. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)