New Share not reliable

My client is having difficulties sharing files between two computers. The
‘server’ PC is running Vista Ultimate SP1 and the ‘client’ is running Vista
Business SP1. Access to files in a subfolder under the built-in Users share
seem normal. However, when I setup a new folder directly off the C:\ drive
and shared it, files and folders are not reliably accessible from another PC.

Eventually, I want to restrict the new share to specific users, but
initially, I set it up where the Everyone group is a co-owner.

After the client computer starts up, it can access all files in the new
share normally. However, after about 30 minutes of use, file access slows
down. There is a delay of a few minutes sometimes before the close, delete or
modify task finishes. Sometimes, the client PC hangs indefinitely and must be
shut down.

I would appreciate suggestions to determine if this is a rights issue or a
networking issue and how I can find a solution.

--
DHK

  • RE: id- 1030 source - Userenv
    ... Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup! ... I understand that the issue to be: all client ... computers got 1030 error and can not connect to the SBS 2003 server box. ... Click Internet Protocol, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Web Workplace - Connect to client workstations
    ... In Connect to Client desktops item lists all client computers on your SBS ... network that are running Windows XP or above; In Connect to Server desktops ... On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Domain naming issue
    ... computers discover other computers on the network. ... so that the client computers resolve .local names correctly. ... you can configure a Macintosh computer ... One thing that will support desktop sharing with a Mac is Microsoft Office ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Unable to connect to Server/Client desktop using RWW
    ... When you remotely connect to Server Desktops (Client Desktops) ... Please verify all computers have allowed users log ... We can download the Remote Desktop Web Connection from Microsoft web ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Users cant find SBS server- Help needed
    ... all appears to be working except that no computers show up ... under the domin name in windows network and the client computers don't see ... the server in their windows network. ... The server still does not show up in Network places nor does any other ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)