Re: Network Adapter Failure

Hi
Look at the OS' Device Manger and make sure that indeed there is a valid entries for the Network cards.
On a laptop Wireless cards usually have a physical ON Off switch, and both type of cars might be disable/enable in the computer's Boot BIOS.
I can not tell you any thing else since there is No info about the computer and the specific type of hardware.
This was written for WinXP the location of the menus is different in Vista but the core process applies to Vista too http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Rebecca2442" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d424c1bd1413ad6c89f6d024ecb76b95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So i got a brand new hard drive and hooked it up and put vista on it.
however its saying my only way to connect to the internet is dial up. i
have a broad band card and wireless wifi card but its saying i cant use
it to create an internet connection.

how can i fix this so i can use the internet????
possibly without having to replace any cards.

--
Rebecca2442

  • Re: Whatwould you have done? (BAHH)
    ... Seriously...find some cards worth stealing with, ... its like you are saying "ok, ... It seems like you are too caught up on the cards in this spot, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: New World Order VTES (was Re: No VPs for time-out?)
    ... no one here is saying 'LSJ! ... be better without those cards, ... Maybe no one is saying "LSJ!; Ban these cards! ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Re: Victor Pelletier [Promo-20060417]
    ... Of course, I'm not saying that. ... If they're really good cards. ... that are drawing new players to the game. ... Oscar should be giving out game advantage as a reward for what he ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Re: New World Order VTES (was Re: No VPs for time-out?)
    ... Damnans wrote: ... saying "the game would be better without these cards". ... no one here is saying 'LSJ! ... Maybe no one is saying "LSJ!; Ban these cards! ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Re: help
    ... If you are getting cable or DSL then the modem goes to the PC with two cards ... second PC - for that PC to PC connection you will need a "Crossover" cable. ... You can then set up ICS "Internet Connection Sharing" on the PC with two ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)