Re: Network Adapter Failure

Hi
Look at the OS' Device Manger and make sure that indeed there is a valid entries for the Network cards.
On a laptop Wireless cards usually have a physical ON Off switch, and both type of cars might be disable/enable in the computer's Boot BIOS.
I can not tell you any thing else since there is No info about the computer and the specific type of hardware.
This was written for WinXP the location of the menus is different in Vista but the core process applies to Vista too http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Rebecca2442" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d424c1bd1413ad6c89f6d024ecb76b95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So i got a brand new hard drive and hooked it up and put vista on it.
however its saying my only way to connect to the internet is dial up. i
have a broad band card and wireless wifi card but its saying i cant use
it to create an internet connection.

how can i fix this so i can use the internet????
possibly without having to replace any cards.

--
Rebecca2442

.