accessing folder on server belonging to another domain

I have a VISTA Ultimate machine that belongs to Domain X where I have my account. I want to access (read/write) files on Domain Controller Y. Both machines are on the same segment on our LAN. Both the DC X that I belong to and DC Y are Server 2003 R2 machines. I seem to able to read and write files after a fresh boot of my machine but then things seem to go sour after an hour or so. My program can't write to DC Y. Any suggestions?

Thanks

  • Re: LDAP queries to a GC
    ... ask for a object which belongs to branch.xyz.com it can't find it. ... > particular to a domain controller which hosts the global catalog. ... >> to be able to do searches from a unix box using standard ldap commands ...
  • Re: User privilege caching in Active Directory?
    ... Since the web application runs on the domain controller itself (and ... there is only one domain controller in my environment), ... not be any replication delay for this effect. ... he belongs. ...
  • Re: Security Breach in AD! Help!
    ... > about 5 minutes the user was removed from the built in admin group. ... > changed the default domain policy, the default domain controller policy, ... >> auditing of account logon for success and failure and account management ... >> success and failure in Domain Controller Security Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: disable users while user is logged into the domain
    ... That article i read more and more before, but it does not state anything about "disabling" an account. ... Assigning an account lockout, which a domain controller performs to ... Changing the password on a domain controller computer account. ... The PDC emulator receives urgent replication of account lockouts. ...
  • Re: disable users while user is logged into the domain
    ... Please check the following link for more information concerning urgent replication. ... How the Active Directory Replication Model Works: ... Assigning an account lockout, which a domain controller performs to prohibit a user from logging on after a certain number of failed attempts. ...