Re: Network Connections stumper

The information you have just provided did absolutely nothing for my problem.

I require additional information as soon as possible.

Thank you.

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

It could a 3rd party software or group policy. This post may help.
Vista VPN disappear
2 posts - 1 author - Last post: Apr 22, 2008
Vista VPN disappear ... Can't create VPN on Vista with Event ID 7023,
20063, 20151 and 20070 · Login script not running when using CMAK ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=3795

"Brandon Taylor" <BrandonTaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a dial-up networking connection already set up on my Windows Vista
Home Basic machine, which is equipped with Service Pack 1. Yet, when I
log
on as one particular user, and then click Start > Connect To, my dial-up
networking connection does not appear, and the "Connect to a network"
window
says "Windows can't find any networks" when I am not connected, or
"Windows
cannot find any additional networks" when I am connected.

At the same time, I find on my desktop a folder named "_hiddenPbk", which,
when I open it, contains a file called "rasphone.pbk". I have just found
out
that this folder, as well as the file associated with it, belongs in the
folder called "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk". I copied the
"_hiddenPbk" folder from my desktop to this folder and restarted my
machine,
but the effort turns out to be for naught: My dial-up connection still
does
not appear in the "Connect to a network" window.

This quandary is user-wide only, meaning that this predicament only
happens
when I log on to my Windows Vista machine as user "X" but not as user "Y"
or
"Z" or any other user. What's the issue here?

I would appreciate any help you can provide in this matter. Thank you.

Brandon Taylor

  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... Networking newsgroup should be available. ... folder on the ... Windows 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: For those running low on disk space...
    ... In the WINDOWS folder, there is another folder called Prefetch. ... Alright, so that is done, now to remove some Windows components. ... Unless you have a network, ... You can get much more disk space by doing this. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... I don't have either an antivirus or a firewall on the W2k. ... 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on your XP machine? ... Windows 2000 system and the actual name of the shared folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... gets added it to your newsgroup list. ... I take it that the shared folder on ... the Windows 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... Next, if you're using Comcast's new server, the XP Networking newsgroup ... 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on your XP machine? ... Windows 2000 system and the actual name of the shared folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)