Re: How can I access files from my Vista computer on my windows 98 com

On Thu, 14 May 2009 13:15:01 -0700, Cody
<Cody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the vista machine both computers can be access but when I try to access
them from my windows 98 computer it says not accessible or takes a long time
and stops responding

I've done a lot of testing and have asked people at Microsoft about
this. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to access
Vista's shared files from Windows 98. That feature wasn't part of
Vista's design, implementation, or testing.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #176
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows XP HCP URI Handler Arbitrary Command Execu... ... PHPNuke Category Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability ... Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer Vulnerability Identific... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #153
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ZoneAlarm Random UDP Flood Denial Of Service Vulnerability ... FloosieTek FTGatePro Mail Server Path Disclosure Vulnerabili... ... Microsoft Windows NetBIOS Name Service Reply Information Lea... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: HasLayout
    ... hard drive is the Internet and the Internet is your hard drive? ... Microsoft Developer Network ... Windows Driver Kit ... Speech via the Microsoft Voice Text Object ...
    (comp.infosystems)
  • [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a ... Navigation Method Cross-Domain Vulnerability ...
    (Securiteam)