XP can see vista but Vista cant see XP

I have two PC I would like to network.
Vista Home Premium
XP Media Center
From my XP PC Vista is shown as a workgroup computer and I can access,
delete and add files to Vista’s public folders but XP is not shown on under
Vista’s network computers or under full map. Other devices connected to my
network (media severs, router, etc...) are displayed in both locations.
Some trouble shooting methods I have tried:
• Confirmed both PCs have the same work group name
• Disabling an enabling firewall (windows firewall)
• Turning on and off password protection (Vista)
• Creating the same user name and password on XP machine
• No need to download LLTP hot fix XP machine running latest service pack
• I am able to ping both machines from each other
Any other trouble shooting methods will be greatly appreciated.

  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... Read my blog for the latest in Media Center topics ... I've tried direct connection of Xbox 360 to PC and also via my network ... The network trace is reporting TCP checksum issues when attempting ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: MMC
    ... I changed: System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant Algorithms for Encryption, Hashing and Signing back to Disabled, tested Xbox' MCE and I could get in with no problems. ... If I run the network test it tells me it has slow performance. ... I have also tried WMP11 media sharing and it works fine for video and music. ... the time that you tried to add the Xbox 360 as an Extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • NBCs "Studio 60" is most anticipated new show
    ... It's the show media people are talking about ... it looks as though the network ... commitment from NBC, ... Among NBC?s other dramas is ?Kidnapped? ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... Windows XP Windows Media Center 2005 - Update Rollup 2 ... I've tried direct connection of Xbox 360 to PC and also via my network ... The network trace is reporting TCP checksum issues when attempting to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Media Center Crashing when accessing Network hard Drive
    ... permisions and security? ... >I am having an issue with accessing a network hard drive through media ... I can map a drive and access via the OS, ... >the network both ways crash the app. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)