Re: File Sharing. Access denied. help ....

Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you using the same user name on
each machine?

Most likely, the permissions on the shared folders on the Dell grant
"Everyone" full control, and the permissions on the shared folders on
the HP only grant full control to a specific user.

--
TheIntruder

  • Re: NT backup failure
    ... Back-up fails both manual & auto with same error, permissions on both C & D look identical, shared folders use Acitve directory structure to control shared sub-folder access ... Ok, looks like I'm barking up the wrong tree, but take a look in the system event log and check that there are no disk related errors being reported. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Modify rights on every shared folders ?
    ... The problem is that old servers have specific rights on shared folders ... They are far more powerful and versatile than share permissions ... and you can control them with cacls.exe. ...
  • Re: Share access problems
    ... Shared folders have Share permissions and NTFS permissions. ... > to full control), but when I try to add or delete a file, I get an "access ...
  • Re: My documents folder redirection
    ... Because the Users Shared Folders is used for storing the redirected folder ... Check the permissions on the folder. ... Domain Admins - Full Control ...