communication not available

I've set up a printer on my xp wired machine and shared it out to my vista
laptop.
I was able to get it to connect and print fine. But after i logged out and
then back in the printer will not work.

I get the following message "Communication Not Available"

the Printer cannot communicate with the computer

I think it might have to do with the xp share requiring a password

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New Laptop Polices
    ... Subject: New Laptop Polices ... portable computing device policy? ... responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ... If you have received this communication in error, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: xorg.conf nx7000 dual head problem
    ... I had this same problem with Amilo D8830 laptop. ... This laptop has ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 graphic controller, ... this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any ... If you have received this communication in error, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: In Regard to Spy Swap Trial in NY and Cambridge
    ... interesting that an old technology as beaming was able to be updated ... for short distance laptop to laptop communication. ... I thought the court transcript was interesting in many things ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Network Printer
    ... Communication Not Available ... Is event 54 a printing event or network related? ... Windows Printing Team ... the vista computer I am unsuccessful. ...
  • RE: OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version
    ... make copies for friends and the friend can use Vista ... distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Fedora)