XP & Vista printer sharing

Trying to share printer connected to XP with my second desktop which is
Vista. Was working fine, but now Vista can't see the net work printer.
Message I'm receiving is "windows cannot connect to printer. make sure that
you typed the name correctly and that the printer is connected to the
network".
If you respond, please do not be too technical "I'm a beancounter" and have
very little IT knowledge. Thanks so much for responding.

  • Re: upgrade to win7 from computer with vista/XP option?
    ... separate disk that will install vista instead if i decide i want to (i ... a clean install is usually the best way to go ... to ever upgrade if you don't have the need - but it is wise if you have even ... Cross-posting is better for you and those responding in the ...
  • Re: I have a problem with Vista - Windows Explorer keeps crashing
    ... As I have three Vista installs here at home that are over a year old that have never had an instance of WE "not responding", I can safely say that there is not an inherent problem with the registry settings that relate to it. ...
  • Re: Where did it go?
    ... You wrote under a section I wrote, so this means you are responding to ... Vista because of system security. ... when being able to access the hardware directly. ... which could prevent these kind of things, hence Microsoft prohibiting ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Software getting frozen under VISTA
    ... Under Vista I see the whitened window with the "not responding" caption whenever a program spends an extended time processing a Windows message - for example during a file write while a disk is spinning up to speed - or if a program is stuck in a loop or crashed. ... So look at the mouse message handlers. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!!
    ... Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended ... Microsoft Vista Experience lieometer is 5.2 out of 5.9 ... Now the problem lays with installing any program with Vista 64-bit ... not responding would you like to close program or wait for it to ...