Re: Help! Broadband connection problem !

Hi
Assuming that you are talking about the wire connection (Not Wireless logon) you probably do not need to PPPOE creation wizard and put the Id and password since your Fiber connection device looks like a Combo fiber bridge, Wireless Router. These type of devices do the PPPOE authentication at the WAN port for whole the Network.
Contact your ISP to make sure about adding a computer to this device.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"nero" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2c9c7ab506bdcd8c8d474c69cd21b2ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is Iskratel Prospero 632 (its not a telephone line but fibreoptic). I
tried powering it down and up again, no effect. (As I thought, because
it worked fine a month ago with this laptop and vista)

Jack-MVP;1047520 Wrote:
Hi
What exactly is the device (name and model) that is between your laptop
and
the telephone line with the DSL signal?
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:ad839f4537b7528fa74a69cc9a201789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

--
nero

  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server disconnection - very often
    ... Often get the redirected folders working offline prompt on some client ... VMware virtual network interface cause network issue. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... |> re-initialize the offline files cache and database on client computers: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... check bank accouts etc etc whilst away but is safe to do so over wireless and using the hotel network.. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... Read my blog for the latest in Media Center topics ... I've tried direct connection of Xbox 360 to PC and also via my network ... The network trace is reporting TCP checksum issues when attempting ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)