Re: printer sharing in Vista

Thank You. This is exactly what I needed. I give 'er a try on Thursday when I have the machine built and delivered.

...Chip..

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eL5khnH2JHA.3476@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chip Shapiro wrote:

I am going to be setting up a home network with two Vista computer. I
know that each machine should have the same user account to make this
easier.

Question. Does the same user account have to be logged on to both
machines, or can the machine without the printer be logged on with another
name as long as the same user account exists on both machines?

No to the first part, yes to the second.

More detail:

Create matching user accounts and passwords on all machines. You do not need
to be logged into the same account on all machines and the passwords
can do this:

Start Orb>Search box>type: netplwiz [enter]
Click on Continue (or supply an administrator's password) when prompted by
UAC

Uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer". Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the
desired account to highlight it and then hit OK. Enter the correct password
for that user account (if there is one) when prompted. Leave it blank if
there is no password (null).

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!