Re: Accessing Router set up utility using Vista Home Premium with IE 7

Ecosrage wrote:

Where is The Router on a ' Vista Home Premium ' model? I can't find my
Ip for it.

The router IP address has nothing to do with what operating system you're
running. Have a computer connected to the router with an ethernet cable.
Examples given are for a Linksys router. Refer to your router manual or the
router mftr.'s website for default settings if you don't have a Linksys.
Open a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox and in the addressbar
type:

http://192.168.1.1 [enter] (this is the router's default IP address, which
varies from router to router so check your manual)

This will bring you to router's login screen. The default username is left
blank and the Linksys default password is "admin" without the quotes. Enter
that information. If you don't have a router, refer to your manual. You are
now in the router's configuration utility.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ STATIC IP ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... setup rvl2 with dsl static ip ... static ip windows 23 server problems ... static network ip dynamic dhcp router ... setup linksys befvp41 static ip ...
    (sci.techniques.spectroscopy)
  • Re: Avoid Linksys like the Plague
    ... displeased with his new Linksys router. ... located a vendor selling "Brand New Shrinkwrapped Linksys" routers. ... I've determined I will never purchase from them again. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Need help with DHCP Client & Name servers
    ... Choose a private IP subnet for your LAN. ... The Linksys router defaults to 192.168.1.1 (IIRC, ... DNS server definitely does. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Please Help Site-To-Site without ISA
    ... Your Linksys is already doing all of that. ... Then I configured NAT and VPN on the server. ... RRAS 192.168.0.7 Private Interface dg 192.168.0.7 ... The "calling" router must use the name of the ...
  • Re: A Quick check NEW HOME SERVER and MCE XP
    ... I went thru 3 LinkSys routers in less than a year, but then again they were the bottom-of-the-line WRT54G ones. ... I have a Linksys Wireless Router Model:BEFW11S4. ... "The Customer Is Always Right" Customer Service mantra (I can't say "In ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)