Re: User Accounts

topcat wrote:

I have 2 user accounts on each of 2 Vista PC's. Is there a way to mak one
the default so I don't have to click it when the PC re-boots?

Start Orb>Search box>type: netplwiz [enter]
Click on Continue (or supply an administrator's password) when prompted by
UAC

Uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer". Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the
desired account to highlight it and then hit OK. Enter the correct password
for that user account (if there is one) when prompted. Leave it blank if
there is no password (null).

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: turn off permissions
    ... But I did what I wanted and now I still have the choice of turning User Account Security on or off. ... Then there is a box that you can check: Use UAC to help protect your computer. ... However, when I went to just MOVE a folder, it still says I need permission. ...
  • Re: capin crunches parental acknowledgment...LOL!
    ... User Account Control, or UAC is perhaps the most significant and ... UAC is a security technology that makes it ... Internet does not trigger UAC prompts. ... and only the authorization window is active and highlighted. ...
  • Re: Help - Weatherlink - Vista
    ... install and run it from an Admin-rights user account or with UAC ... legacy camera software to use a directory in there it only works for the ... The "virtual store". ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: After Vista Loading Bar Gets Black Screen WIth Cursor
    ... The solution turned out to be to modify the user account control (UAC) ... This works on Windows Vista Business, which is what I have installed. ... You'll be prompted by UAC to continue. ... Once you have clicked the "Security Options" icon, ...
  • Re: Vista black screen and cursor after login