Access to account files

Hi, I cannot access my user account files on my laptop via my PC, I can
access the public folder, and other folders on the laptop but not User
account, It is not password protected. It is probably something quite simple,

any help appreciated.

O/S Vista Home Premium on PC and Vista Business on Laptop.

  • Re: Access to account files
    ... That is you must logon with the same user/password on the PC as the owner of the files on on the laptop that you want to see. ... access the public folder, and other folders on the laptop but not User ... O/S Vista Home Premium on PC and Vista Business on Laptop. ...
  • Re: Access to account files
    ... PC-Laptop or Laptop - PC, ... access the public folder, and other folders on the laptop but not User ... O/S Vista Home Premium on PC and Vista Business on Laptop. ...
  • Re: DLNA issues
    ... turn it back on when she's away with her laptop and using WiFi. ... Sure - it's not visible from the outside - but she could easily drag them to her public folder by accident. ... I know the risks are very thin, ... I agree there's not much risk at all, but better not to tempt fate and better to put up a wall than not when on public WiFi. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Give network access without giving access to the computer itse
    ... > keep sensitive files on my laptop and I want to give ... > other two access to the public folder. ... If the two users are Standard Users (as opposed to Administrators) then they ...
  • Re: Using shared printer while on Windows Domain
    ... > I have an issue with my network at home. ... I have a laptop running ... which is setup to log onto my work domain called FUTURE. ... I mapped a Network drive/share using the shared Public folder ...