Re: Vista Home Premium Remote Desktop Question

"rak" <rakess@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ORuMb5m0JHA.4880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've seen several posts concerning the inability to Remote Access a Vista (x86) Home Premium machine. I can easily access my Vista desktop from an MCE2005 XP machine using Live Mesh -- at least from behind the NAT on my home network. Am I to understand that this is definitively not possible from a remote computer over the internet? If it is possible can someone please summarize?

It is possible - try TeamViewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

  • Re: Vista Home Premium Remote Desktop Question SOLVED
    ... I was able to make TeamViewer work and will continue to play with it. ... More importantly, for me, I noticed in the post below that Windows Live Mesh might not require any additional configuration of the router to work remotely from outside the local network. ... Home Premium machine. ...
  • Vista Home Premium Remote Desktop Question
    ... I've seen several posts concerning the inability to Remote Access a Vista Home Premium machine. ... I can easily access my Vista desktop from an MCE2005 XP machine using Live Mesh -- at least from behind the NAT on my home network. ...