Sharing users between computers

Hello,

I have two computers on a home network running Vista Home Premium 64.
Is it possible to share a folder and give permissions to users on the
other computer without adding a specific account on the computer to be
shared? When I go into the security tab in the properties of the
folder, then edit the user permissions, then add user, I see the field
for location, but I cannot change the location to the other computer,
even though I see it on the network.

Is this a limitation of home premium, or am I just missing something
major here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Than you for your time.
Greg

  • Re: Sharing users between computers
    ... I have two computers on a home network running Vista Home Premium 64. ... Is it possible to share a folder and give permissions to users on the ...
  • Re: What upgrade
    ... My first question would be: Why do you want to upgrade at all. ... Home Premium is what most people use and it works very well. ... used Vista Business in a Windows Server 2003 domain environment. ... Users can't see a new folder created on a shared ...
  • Re: ip4200: Vista Home Basic Fails, but Home premium works
    ... also i have tried copying the set of dll files from Home Premium that ... work to a folder on the desktop and changing the drivers thru Device ...
  • Re: How can I delete folder "windows.old"
    ... Highlight the Windows.Old folder. ... not solve my problem and I had to reinstall my Vista ... Home Premium. ...