Re: desktop sharing

Exactly...! What you?ve stated is right. VNC might be a better option
but security might be the question. You have to make sure that nobody is
trying to hack your system. Hope this helps.

--
Arlen

'screen sharing' (http://www.showscreen.com) | 'desktop sharing'
(http://www.showscreen.com)

  • Re: VNC Security
    ... The current design of the internet lends itself to a certain level of ... Tunnels and other layered security measures attempt to address this, ... VNC as it is, though the newer releases of VNC do make this ... >unencrypted VNC session over the Internet is seen as such a horrible ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable modem s
    ... I work for Expertcity, the company that makes GoToMyPC, so you might want to ... Subject: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable ... then x-forwarding the *nix version of VNC that connects to the windows ... that's less secure again. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • FW: Fwd: RE: [SLE] Using Samba
    ... >> access to the folder on the Linux side. ... That security is enforced across to ... >> so windows cannot even look at what's in the directory unless it (nobody) ... >> Greg Wallace ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Fwd: RE: [SLE] Using Samba
    ... >> access to the folder on the Linux side. ... That security is enforced across to ... >> so windows cannot even look at what's in the directory unless it (nobody) ... >> Greg Wallace ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: significance of "nobody" ownership permission?
    ... I suspect the reason for these "nobody and 777" characteristics is that this ... the 777 perms were created from there. ... I am not concerned about 5.2's external security (hopefully ... AFAIK the executable bits on sockets has no ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)