see's net work, wont conect to it.

Hey all, I have a HP tower, running Vista, hard line to a wrt54g linksys
router. I also have a HP laptop, also running vista. I have set up the
tower for printer sharing. My laptop sees the network, but when I try to
connet it tells me "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there
might be a problem with your network. To try and resolce the network
problems, click on Diagnose."

I click on diagnose, and get the following msg...

Windows found a problem that cant be fixed.

It opens up the help file wich has to do with internet, which btw,
works fine...I just cant get it to talk to the tower... help
please!?!?!?

JohnMark

--
Johnmark78
Johnmark78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96566.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: limited connectivity on two xp machines
    ... >whereas the laptop i am trying to network with has limited connectivity also ... >i can see and access the shared files on the tower from the laptop, ...
  • Re: Making the Network Work
    ... Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network settings, ... laptop, which is wireless and running XP Pro-SP2, from my new tower which is ...
  • Re: home network with xp and vista it is possible
    ... > Laptop running vista connected to the above modem through WIFI. ... > Both desktop and laptop would not recognise each other on the network. ... > Network Map Does Not Display Computers Running Windows XPURL: ...
  • Re: Removing password requirement
    ... running Vista and the other XP. ... I had to reload the XP laptop ... from scratch and when I reconnected the network, ... Incoming Connections. ...
  • Win xp network path not found issues
    ... about to destroy to XP machines. ... sharing to work on my laptop and tower. ... network resource. ...