Re: unable to connect to the internet

arock wrote:

I have kaspersky installed, but I also tried connecting with it disabled
with no luck. My computer is set to automatically get the new IP
address and dns.

Can you connect to a different network other than your friend's? This is the
next troubleshooting step. If yes, then something in the way your friend's
network is set up is blocking you. The most obvious thing would be that his
router only permits certain MAC addresses. You would find this out by
looking at his router configuration.

If you can't connect to anyone else's network, then we know the problem is
on your computer and will need to look further.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!