Re: unable to connect to the internet

arock wrote:

I have kaspersky installed, but I also tried connecting with it disabled
with no luck. My computer is set to automatically get the new IP
address and dns.

Can you connect to a different network other than your friend's? This is the
next troubleshooting step. If yes, then something in the way your friend's
network is set up is blocking you. The most obvious thing would be that his
router only permits certain MAC addresses. You would find this out by
looking at his router configuration.

If you can't connect to anyone else's network, then we know the problem is
on your computer and will need to look further.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • printer sharing
    ... Go to the Win98 ... computer, trying connecting using the ... ML 4500 - it just doesn't appear on the network on the 98 ...
  • Unable to Ping
    ... I have a Windows XP laptop with a Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network ... connecting to the internet or exchange server using this laptop but I ... Tried reinstalling File and Print Sharing - No luck ...
  • Re: Installing a 360 Media Center Extender
    ... Also, what is the make/model/driver version of the network card in your PC, ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... try directly connecting your PC and Xbox again, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Group Policy loading
    ... behaviour connecting the new Intel D915GUX motherboard based computer ... The motherboard utilizes an on-board Marvell Yukon 1GB network card. ... has something to do with network drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Problems uploading large files to some web sites (long)
    ... NATted OBSD 3.1 running pf with all internal hosts connecting via ethernet through a switch or a wireless access point connected to the switch. ... On or about the time the servers were moved to the Yahoo net I became unable to upload photos via their upload form. ... Trying the same tests on my home network, but with my desktop connected via a VPN to the office network. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)