Re: Networking Vista ultimate and XP home SP3

Hello,

If you haven't already, please review this TechNet article. The Network
Setup Wizard isn't necessary to run on XP. You can configure the network
manually.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"peebs24" <peebs24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried installing the LLTD onto my XP machine but got the message that it
was not going to load because the file on my machine was up to date and
therefore not nescessary. BUT, I still cannot get the network to work.
On the Vista machine I can see the XP machine but clicking on it gets the
message that it is inaccessible. The computer name is correct.On the XP
machine I see nothing except the local area connection icon. Both machines
are in the same workgroup. Some of the network must be working OK because
the
XP machine and Vista machine both access the internet using the network to
get to the Netgear router.
Setting up networking on the XP asks you to make a n/w disk for the other
machines but - It only allows your to use the Adisk (floppy) - who has
floppies or A drives anymore? Is this disc necessary?
There MUST be a way of doing this but two days later I have not found
it!!!
Any advice GREATLY received.
Many thanks.

  • Re: Domain and Workgroup
    ... I set up an account on the Vista machine without a password on it. ... the laptop can see the vista machine (and others in the network) ... don't really know about host files, and how to create one there if that is ...
  • Re: xp sees vista but vista cant see xp
    ... Have you assigned permission in Security tab? ... Troubleshooting error code 0x80070035 ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... The xp machine can see the vista machine and access files in the public ...
  • Re: Vista to Vista RDC problem, The logon attempt failed.
    ... All 3 computers are in the same workgroup. ... ONE VISTA MACHINE IS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE OTHER VISTA MACHINE VIA ... RDC OR ADMINISTRATIVE NETWORK SHARE, GETTING ACCESS DENIED WHEN I TRY. ... The XP machine has no problems connecting to that Vista machine via ...
  • XP Sees Vista Machine In Workgroup Computers, But Not Shared Files
    ... on the network, but my XP machine will not see any files in the Vista ... The Vista machine ID was populated on it's own when I clicked on to view ... and folders** is strictly a one-way problem. ... Public Folder Sharing is ON ...
  • Re: Vista gives access denied to shared XP printer
    ... sees the XP computer that has the officejet V40 printer. ... it is my computer and my private network. ... In many forums this link ... printer on the Vista machine. ...