Re: Network Connections stumper

It could a 3rd party software or group policy. This post may help.
Vista VPN disappear
2 posts - 1 author - Last post: Apr 22, 2008
Vista VPN disappear ... Can't create VPN on Vista with Event ID 7023, 20063, 20151 and 20070 · Login script not running when using CMAK ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=3795

"Brandon Taylor" <BrandonTaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5DDA8E06-547A-44D7-B4AF-FDB89F75EFA1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a dial-up networking connection already set up on my Windows Vista
Home Basic machine, which is equipped with Service Pack 1. Yet, when I log
on as one particular user, and then click Start > Connect To, my dial-up
networking connection does not appear, and the "Connect to a network" window
says "Windows can't find any networks" when I am not connected, or "Windows
cannot find any additional networks" when I am connected.

At the same time, I find on my desktop a folder named "_hiddenPbk", which,
when I open it, contains a file called "rasphone.pbk". I have just found out
that this folder, as well as the file associated with it, belongs in the
folder called "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk". I copied the
"_hiddenPbk" folder from my desktop to this folder and restarted my machine,
but the effort turns out to be for naught: My dial-up connection still does
not appear in the "Connect to a network" window.

This quandary is user-wide only, meaning that this predicament only happens
when I log on to my Windows Vista machine as user "X" but not as user "Y" or
"Z" or any other user. What's the issue here?

I would appreciate any help you can provide in this matter. Thank you.

Brandon Taylor

.