The Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I really need help with this, I did check around for
help but nothing seems like it fits with what I'm going through :mad:
I have a HP laptop with Windows vista home edition, and this has never
happened to me. It started today, in which I thought it was nothing. I'm
a little worried to be honest and I don't know what's wrong with my
connection. I can access the internet on my mother computer which is a
desktop, yet I can't on my HP laptop. it says "The Dependency Service or
Group Failed to Start" ??
help!:(

--
Latii