Re: Not Even Networked - Single Computer

Hi
If you have both a PCI network Cad and an Onboard nVidia card you can disable the nVidia card in the Boot BIOS (read the computer manual).
If you leave the card On you have to install the nVidia Drivers for the card. Otherwise you would get error when performing Diagnosis.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"susa320" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:20111046bff24d96a8366bba181b01e8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:sarc: Vista just ran the Hardware Diagnostic Tool and returned error
that some of my hardware is not functioning properly.

TCP/IP Network Communication Test - NVIDIA nForce Networking
Controller.
-Cable Test - Passed
-TCP/IP Network Communication Test - Cannot Run

I have networking disabled, this is a single computer. Shouldn't Vista
recognize that? Or is there a setting for NVIDIA somewhere. I have the
10/100/Mbps networking card installed but not using it.

I've received errors on performance from this before also. Is there a
way this should be set if I'm not on a network?

Thanks In Advance

--
susa320

  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Lan-Tech Netork of 255 ap2s and Siders etc
    ... a way to get mastery development network up... ... Original manual, 1 file server card, 8 expansion ... if you have a mastery development card it has a menu in the eprom that comes ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Group Policy loading
    ... connected in to the network. ... wireless newsgroup) that Group Policy is just timing out. ... >>latest Dell and Buffalo firmware and drivers but to no ... >>file to match that of the Dell TrueMobile card. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: 802.11g and Pocket PCs
    ... I DO have the Linksys WCF54G card, ... > network is not my game. ... >> within a device bus with external communications with a network. ... >>> slow the university network down, do to the frequent need to wait for ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)