Re: Vista Wireless Problems: Connected with Limited Access / Local

Please for give me for intruding Barb, but it appears to me that KJ has described his problem very well as several others including myself have been for quite some time. I understood KJ's dilemma and details perfectly and all the others posting here looking to get help. Most of us are not technically adept and don't know most of the jargon and can only describe our problems the best way we can. Above and below this post are scores of others all having the same complaint or problem or difficulty.

To me networking was pretty straight forward until I met Vista a couple of weeks ago. Judging by all the posts I am seeing here, there must be something wrong with vista, all our systems could not have been that screwed up before Vista came a long. I am better off then I was two weeks ago but still not out of the woods with my Vista machine.

Please understand Barb, I mean nothing personal but you must understand how frustrated all of us are here. I don't know how to be any more detailed than:

"The problems are 1) does not connect to the internet [local only], on
powering up and 2) coming out of sleep mode or 3) drops the internet
connection randomly."

There are scores of posts here all having and describing the same problems. There are no error messages to quote just the little annoyance of having to deal with this on an ongoing basis told to us by the little icon in the lower right side of the taskbar.
--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee
"Barb Bowman" <barb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:s2c2s4pmc4j90i3esh7bdd8uhpr54mg4fp@xxxxxxxxxx
You are replying to a very old thread and haven't given any details.
Please start a new thread and thoroughly describe your problem and
provide system and networking information if you would like some
assistance.

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:58:13 -0700, KJ in Columbus <KJ in