Re: XP does not access VISTA

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:14:40 -0500, john_cena <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

This is a simple problem you are unable to see the xp computer files is
cause windows xp needs to have LLTD enabled. Either you could download
xp sp3 or download and install LLTD from the following link

'Download details: Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder
(KB922120)'
(http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f01a31d-ee46-481e-ba11-37f485fa34ea&displaylang=en)

hope this helps

Cheers !!

It isn't necessary to install the LLTD Responder on Windows XP.
Windows XP and Vista can network with each other and access each
other's shared disks and folders without it.

As documented in the link that you gave, the only function of the LLTD
responder is to allow a Windows XP computer to appear in Vista's
"Network Map".
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
.