Re: XP does not access VISTA

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:14:40 -0500, john_cena <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

This is a simple problem you are unable to see the xp computer files is
cause windows xp needs to have LLTD enabled. Either you could download
xp sp3 or download and install LLTD from the following link

'Download details: Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder
(KB922120)'
(http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f01a31d-ee46-481e-ba11-37f485fa34ea&displaylang=en)

hope this helps

Cheers !!

It isn't necessary to install the LLTD Responder on Windows XP.
Windows XP and Vista can network with each other and access each
other's shared disks and folders without it.

As documented in the link that you gave, the only function of the LLTD
responder is to allow a Windows XP computer to appear in Vista's
"Network Map".
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: Vista Problem
    ... I'll thow this in the mix here, though I haven't played with LLTD at all... ... Windows XP on Windows Server 2003 ... currently Link Layer Topology Discovery ... Enhancement or feature addition to existing Microsoft products ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: networking a win98 SE machine?
    ... Networking Vista with Windows XP and 2000 works fine. ... So do you have an LLTD Responder for Windows 2000? ... Microsoft's LLTD Responder can only be installed on Windows XP Service ... When there's a problem with FPS, the Network ...
  • Windows Server 2003 In Vista Network Map
    ... Does anyone know if MS has a Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder ... update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server? ...
  • Re: Connecting to the computer through LAN
    ... > the computer files without having to share them. ... it is not possible to get resources off one computer running ... any flavor of NT (NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP) without sharing out ... The amount of fine-grained permissions ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MFC Application
    ... This news group is for Windows XP Embedded. ... Regards, ... > I did see something in my computer files about wizard .To ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)