RE: Cannot download any files

I've had the exact same problem, I also can't seem to watch any videos online
either. Have you figured this one out yet? I've been fiddling with security
levels as well and that hasn't seemed to solve the problem.

"CarpeDiem" wrote:

running vista home premium 64bit, ASUS P6T, intel I7 920

anytime i try and download something online it will not allow me to go
past 0% it just stays stuck there, sometimes this message pops up:

"Internet Exploerer was not able to open this Internet site. The
request site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again
later."

i thought it might be one of my add ons likes sbybot search and
destroy, ad-aware, spyware blaster, or AVG 8.5, i deleted them all and
it still doesnt let me download

already tried 1. running with no addons 2. Internet options>Security
Tab> CUstom level> and checking that under Downloads was enabled.

anyone have any suggestions?

--
CarpeDiem

  • Re: Download site unavailable
    ... I can now download. ... > How to Delete the Contents of the Temporary Internet Files Folder ... > If TIF is much larger than 50 MB, IE starts to slow down because it's ... >> Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. ...
  • Cannot download any files
    ... anytime i try and download something online it will not allow me to go ... past 0% it just stays stuck there, sometimes this message pops up: ... "Internet Exploerer was not able to open this Internet site. ...
  • Re: Downloading files via IE6 failures
    ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ... > While trying to download files from the internet either via HTML or FTP, ... > "Internet Explorer is not able to open this Internet site. ...
  • unable to download from the internet. error.
    ... when i do it starts getting the file information in the ... download box but then comes up with this error. ... >IE was not able to open this internet site. ...
  • Unable to Download from IE 6
    ... to download any file on the internet from almost any internet site, ... "Internet explorer cannot download from. ... "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. ...