Re: limited access on router

Hi
As a first step disable the Wireless security in the Router and see if it is working without it.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
In addition you should know that WEP is not considered anymore as safe.
If you can go with WPA.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Raul" <jjkgr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:11FBDE6A-6F39-4E48-8EB1-6670851E687A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i have a cable modem and router connected to cable modem. My wired and wireless XP machines work fine. Now I just got a Vista business machines and when I take it home and try to access my router and give it the correct WEP key it gives me "limited access"

I have service pack1 installed on Vista and it works fine wired, Any ideas?

Thanks,
Raul Rego
NJPIES
rrego@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Wireless Connection keeps dropping with VISTA
    ... I fixed it by changing the wireless security on ... my router to WPA instead of WEP and it worked. ... settings on your wireless card also to match the router settings ...
  • Re: Netgear DG824m help please.
    ... >>set up the router for my home network making it secure using 64 bit ... >>encryption and hexadecimal keys. ... > have to live with either WEP 64 or WEP 128. ... If so, select HEX and not ASCII, as Hex always works, while ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WiFi Connection Problem with Tungsten C
    ... >>router using the built-in WiFi capabilities. ... >>As far as I can tell, the problem is related to WEP ... Along the way I updated the firmware on the router which was ... is matching the number of WEP keys. ...
    (comp.sys.palmtops)
  • Re: How to set up connection to wireless router with PPC6700
    ... Open vs. Shared is just different methods of exchanging the WEP keys. ... The Internet just controls how traffic is routed to the connection. ... the router, The Internet is the best choice. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Unable to obtain a server- assigned IP address Try again later or enter an IP address in Net
    ... I got into my LINKSYS Web-based Router page and could not find the WEP ... Anyone that logs on to my secured, wireless network need only a code... ... when friends/family come over with laptops. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)