Re: Connecting to network printer

Thank you for the update.

"Silver Fox" <SilverFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:04AF6644-10FC-4D3B-AA09-9F3D1D97EBAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I used the suggestion below from Alan Morris (installed the Vista driver on
XP machine) and it was successful: -

"If the XP driver on the server is not compatible with Vista, when you make
the connection, some of the XP driver downloads to Vista but fails with
invalid data.

winerror 0x0000000d
13 ERROR_INVALID_DATA <--> No NTSTATUS matched

Most likely the best way to print to the device shared from XP is to either
replace the XP driver on XP with the Vista driver (talk to Lexmark first if
they support this configuration), or create a Local printer targeting a
Local Port in the form \\XPmachine\printsharename, then select the Vista
driver for the device.
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team"

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

For troubleshooting, you may want to try clean boot. Please post back with
the result.
Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
Start ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

.