Re: Vista Wireless Problems: Connected with Limited Access / Local

I did disable QoS, IPv6, LinkLayer Topologies and switched power on the
wirelss adapter to Max. That has resolved the connectivity issue on
downloads. That's good! Now the problem is that downloads are slow <100KB/sec
on the wireless although the Comcast account I have supports 6MB/sec so I
should have plenty room for improvement on the wireless. Using Speakeasy.org
to test the upload/download speed looks good, and I'm seeing about 350KB/sec
download per file on a test of 3 concurrent file downloads with a 100Mbit
cable, which seems OK. So now I'm research wireless download speed
improvement tweaks. Thanks! Craig.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

check for a firmware update for the gateway and new drivers for the
network adapter. which exact Netgear Gateway? What network adapter
is in the problematic computer?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:10:01 -0700, craig