Re: No internet access while using my VPN connection

'Sooner Al [MVP Wrote:
;3985033']That is the split tunnel issue. See this article for an
explanation and how
to enable the split tunnel on your PPTP VPN connection. By the way with
the
split tunnel disabled (ie. the default) all of your internet traffic
will go
through your home Vista PPTP VPN server. You may need to enable TCP/IP
forwarding however. See the second article for help with that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315236/en-us

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"wo0ozy" <wo0ozy.3g1qjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello everyone,

The computer I am using, is on a university network, with connection
the internet; I want to have access to my home computer through a
VPN.
So i have setted up a VPN server at my home runnig with windows
vista,
and I connect to it from the university network using my computer
which
is also running under windows vista.
The problem is that when I connect to the vpn the internet
connection
with my university doesn't work anymore, althgough the vpn is.
Here is what I get under my network and sharing center:

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=237148&file=mutiplenetworks.jpg

Can't I have internet and VPN access at the same time?

Thanks for helping.

--
wo0ozy

wo0ozy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wo0ozy.htm
View this thread:
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-network/1041482.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Thanks a lot Sooner Al, it works flawlessly, I knew I was missing
something.

Cheers.

PS: for those who are wondering what is the solution, here it is, from
microsoft support site.
To prevent the new default route from being created, select Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP) on the Networking tab for the properties of the VPN
connection. Click Properties, and then click Advanced. In Advanced
TCP/IP Settings, on the General tab, clear the Use default gateway on
remote network check box. This is shown in the following figure.

--
wo0ozy
wo0ozy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wo0ozy.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-network/1041482.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... check bank accouts etc etc whilst away but is safe to do so over wireless and using the hotel network.. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... compared with the risks already inherent in the average hotel network. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Remote Client Configuration
    ... > remote computer to SBS 2003 domain via VPN connection after the remote ... > connection when user logon to the remote computer. ... I dont think that the Network Configuration website would work to connect to ... "The Small Business Server Network Configuration Wizard ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN issues on SBS2003 with ISA 2004 installed
    ... I had to create a VPN connection using the network connection wizard on ... Based on our work above, it seems the problem in client side, so I suggest ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPNs - Firewalls and Security
    ... we turned off sysopt connection permit ipsec and then added the ... VPN connections. ... VPN's - Firewall's and Security ... You had configured that vpn users access internal network, ...
    (Security-Basics)